Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie

Friday, March 14, 2008

We have a dog....again....maybe

Many, many months back I decided my kids needed a dog. We looked and looked and finally found Cecil the weenie dog. He is super cute and super hyper. He really is a great dog. However, he has a few issues. At our old house he wouldn't stay out of the pool, wouldn't stay off the table, and wouldn't stop chewing the kids toys. The last issue had a bonus side affect, I was able to get rid of a lot of toys that my kids didn't need. It finally got to a point with his issues that my husband didn't want to see the dog. A great friend of mine loved the dog and took him. Cecil loved their house, loved their dog and most (still gets on the table) issues were gone. Skip ahead many months and my sweet friend can no longer keep the dog. It seems Cecil is like a younger sibling and annoys the tar out of the other dog. The other dog is a little older and gotten a little moody. Like an older sibling he puts up with it and puts up with it until he can't stand it any longer and snaps. Literally the dog snaps at Cecil. Since my friend has a young, sweet, precious baby snapping dogs do not work. So we were offered our dog back before they tried to find another home. This weekend we are "babysitting" Cecil. We have called it this so if he doesn't work out Mattie will not be heartbroken, again. We have had Cecil since Thursday afternoon and so far so good. He loves the big back yard (with no pool) and has loved playing with the kids. I however feel like I have three kids instead of two. I always wanted three kids so really, its a blessing. Wyatt and Cecil played in the backyard long enough today for me to clean the kitchen and sort laundry. Plus, they played so hard the both came inside and took a two hour nap. I'm thinking the dog is a keeper this time. I'll keep you posted on the outcome of the dog "babysitting."

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Did you end up keeping him? Having dogs is totally like having extra kids!