Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Birthday parties, squirrels and hosptials oh my!

My little man turned 3 yesterday. I can't believe that he is already 3. It makes me so sad : ( We had his birthday party this past Saturday. Here he is with all his friends and his best pal Cade. I have a feeling that the two of them are going to be serious trouble makers and co-conspirators when they get older. Sorry Kara but I think we are in trouble! It was a great party with a yummy lunch and an awesome cake made by Kara. She made the coolest Cars race track cake. I wish I could of gotten a picture of Wyatt and how his eyes lit up when he saw it for the first time.

Wyatt loved his "carr ake by mss kaawa" (car cake by ms kara). It was a great party and the rain on Saturday held off until about 10 minutes after everyone left and then downpours for the rest of the day. Thank you for the break before the rain God! We had a nice remainder of the weekend. Mattie did get sick with a sinus infection but no swine flu! The week has been great we took the family to CiCi's for Wyatt's birthday dinner. Buffets and pregnant ladies go together like pb&j. Normal week until tonight. I was at work at church, I had been there 10 minutes and my husband calls me in a panic. I answer the phone and he sounds very stressed and I can hear Wyatt screaming in pain. I said whats wrong. The answer "Wyatt's been bit by a squirrel", I say "by a what" James yells "a squirrel". He informs me he doesn't know what to do. I said get the kids dressed, call your Mom to watch Mattie and I am on the way home so we can go to the hospital. His response "I think he'll be ok with some neosporian and a band aid". I said no he has to be checked out and he may have to get rabies shots if the squirrel is infected. I got off the phone with him and called my Aunt just to verify my decision and she said the same thing and to take the animal with us just in case it needs to be tested. Just so you know for any future confrontations with wild animals and bites, the hospital doesn't test for rabies you have to contact your local animal control to have them pick up the animal and test it. I arrive home, my mom-in-law got Mattie and we got Wyatt and the squirrel and headed for the hospital. We get there and are taken back to a room. While taking one of my frequent trips to the potty I overhear the nurses dividing up the patients and they call my son "squirrel boy". I told James and we laughed and that is know Wyatt's new nickname. While waiting for the doctor Wyatt informed us that "uirrels ave bigggg arp eeth" (squirrels have big sharp teeth) and "uirrels eavy to ick up" (squirrels are heavy to pick up). We concluded from the appearance of the squirrel that Stella, our dog, caught the squirrel and then dropped it when it stopped fighting. Mattie and Wyatt found it and decided to check it out. Wyatt being a three year old half wild boy decided to pick it up and the squirrel objected. Mattie informs Daddy by running into the house screaming that a squirrel attacked Bubba. The doctor informed us that the state of Texas does not require/recommend rabies shots for squirrel, rabbit or rodent bites as they are not normally carriers of rabies. However, he does need antibiotics twice a day for 5 days due to the chance of infection. He also didn't need stitches. Yea : ) The bad news, until it heals up we need to keep his finger clean and bandaged. That means no digging in the dirt or any other messy things. How am I suppose to do that with a three year old unless I tranquilize him for the next 5 days! I mean really that is the impossible task of the year. Please pray for me, Wyatt's favorite thing to do is to get as messy/dirty/filthy as humanly possible in the shortest amount of time known to man kind! PLEASE PRAY FOR ME!

No comments: