Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Weekend fun at Fair Park

This weekend was really great. James didn't work on Saturday for the first time in weeks. We decided to take the kids to Dallas Fair Park Museums. I had been to some of the museums a long time ago during the State Fair. James had never been. We went to the Dallas Aquarium, The Museum of Nature and Science (which is the old Science Place and Museum of History), we had lunch at the Old Mill Inn and took the kids on a paddle boat ride in pond. We really had a great time and saw a lot of really cool stuff. Wyatt liked the fish at the aquarium best and Mattie liked playing in the Children's Museum in the Nature and Science Museum. James and I liked the fact that we did lots of cool stuff from 10 - 5 and only spent $50. Since we aren't taking a family vacation this year we have been trying to do fun stuff every couple of weekends with the kids. There are still 5 more museums at Fair Park that we will have to visit. We are also going to try a weekend trip to Abilene. James was born at the Air Force base there and has never seen it. So, if anyone has been there and can tell me something fun to do with the kids or good places to eat let me know. Also, if I can figure out how to get pictures from my phone to my computer I will add some pictures of our trip to the museum.

Just a heads up, the first Saturday in October we are having an Early Christmas Sale in Keller. I will have my bows and some new stuff I am making including notebooks and belts. Plus, there will be some very cool other home made stuff. Mark your calendars!

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

go to the Zoo in Abilene!! They have a great setup and you get to feed the Giraffes!!!

dsims said...

The zoo is fun! for restuarants, Texas Roadhouse is really good. Also, if Buns Over Texas is still open they have great burgers. There is a Chuck E Cheese in the mall too.

Purple Teacup said...

I miss all of the museums....

Lauren said...

Those are my favorite museums!